Canal Walk is Cape Town’s largest shopping centre located in the Century City precinct, just off the N1 highway, and a mere 10min from Cape Town’s CBD.
With a wide selection of over 400 stores and a super selection of the best local and international brands, Canal Walk is the ultimate hub for fashion, retail, leisure and entertainment.
Canal Walk is super regional shopping centre anchored by Woolworths, Pick n Pay, H&M, Game, Checkers and Edgars, but it’s also home to some really great independent brands like Bathu and Vannie Kaap, as well as exclusive brands such as Diesel, Tissot, Pringle and Steve Madden.
Canal Walk Mall really does have something for everyone, and we think it’s a great location for your popup shop.
Situated on the N1 highway, Canal Walk is a mere 10 minutes’ drive between both Cape Town’s city centre and the Cape Town International Airport. It is also close to the Bellville CBD in Cape Town.
Canal Walk Shopping Centre has superior access by means of its dedicated off ramps, taking Sable Rd/exit 10, from the N1 highway
The mall also boasts a designated drop-off and pick-up zones for coaches, a range of transport services including sedan taxis, minibus taxis, MyCity and GOlden Arrow bus services. Its dedicated Century City Station has a pedestrian link between the station and Century City over the Sable Road bridge, which is available to patrons.
- Attracts a wide range of shoppers in LSM 5 – 10+
- 34% of shoppers are in LSM 10+ bracket; and 55% fit LSM 8-9
- 61% shoppers are female, 39% are male
- 70% English speaking
- 51% shoppers visit the centre weekly, or more often
- 46% of shoppers at Canal Walk mall are between ages 18-34.
Facts & Figures
- 1.7 million shoppers per month
- Over 400 stores
- Total retail area of 151 820 sq m
- Trading hours 9am to 9pm daily
- Located in Century City, with a number of blue-chip company offices as well as luxury hotels and conference facilities.
- FICA approval required.
- Credit rating determines deposit terms.
- PopUp Concept to be approved by Centre Management.
- Space may be provided as white box (no base fittings).
- Landlord prefers short term leases of min. 3 months for popups.
- That Shoe Lady